Wallace Coastal Retreat Policies
1. This property known as “Wallace Coastal Retreat” is offered to holiday renters known as the “Client” subject to confirmation by the owner, Louise Chevrier.
2. The “Client” agrees to leave with the “Owner”, at time of check-in, a copy of photographic Identity for security reasons.
3. The “Client” agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property, and to leave it in a clean tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Normal wear and tear is acceptable. The owner reserves the right to process any damages found or additional cleaning charges required and deduct from the damage deposit.
4. The “Client” shall notify the “Owner” of any defects in the “Property”, breakdown in equipment or appliances.
5. Use of all amenities and equipment provided at Wallace Coastal Retreat is used at the “Clients” own risk. All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
6. The “Owner” shall not be liable to the “Client” for: Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of service to the “Property”, nor in respect of any equipment located on the property.
Any loss, damage or injury which is a result of adverse weather conditions, or any other matter beyond the control of the owner.
Under no circumstances shall the “Owners” liability to the “Client” exceed the amount paid for the rental period.
Any loss, damage or injury to persons using any motor vehicles used by the “Client”
PETS are not permitted at Wallace Coastal Retreat. Prior approval is needed from owner.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT - A deposit of $500.00 is required.
The damage deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
No damage is done to Wallace Coastal Retreat or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
The “client” will be charged for damages exceeding more than $500.00
Must adhere to the recycling programme for Cumberland County Information for this is placed in the kitchen and displayed on the links page.
Please place your recyclables and garbage in the large black bins provided situated behind the side entrance.
Load soiled dishes in the dishwasher.
All used bed linen (sheets, pillow cases and towels) are to be placed in the laundry room.
All beverage containers not being returned personally can be placed at the side entrance door.
If checking out prior to the arranged check out time please contact the House Keeper.
If no housekeeper is present at the time of check out all keys are left on the kitchen table and the property is left locked and all windows are closed.
No linens are lost or damaged.
No early check-in or late checkout.
PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required on booking to secure the property. The advance payment will be applied toward the rent; this payment is non-refundable. Payments can be made by Credit/Debit cards or
Interac - e - transfer through your online banking.
The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT is due 30 days before your arrival date.
Minimum of 1-3 nights stays Full payment is required on the day of booking.
Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY 16
NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE.
Rates include a one-time linen setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the Wallace coastal retreat.
RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
WATER AND SEPTIC – Wallace Coastal Retreat is on a well and septic system.
The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of over $500.00
HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY – No refunds will be given unless:
The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months.
We do not refund due to road conditions.
WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Thank you from Wallace Coastal Retreat, We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay.